Friday, February 23, 2007

Have you ever been promised something? Something so exciting, that you hope immediately begins to grow. You start thinking about it all time… You look for it each day. You find yourself gazing out the window, dreamily pondering when it will arrive.

Mr. Punxsutawney Phil, I’m calling you out.

That groundhog is a liar. It started snowing yesterday, and it continued through the night. Pretty sure that he didn’t see his shadow (you can check out his web site at www.groundhog.org) , so that means there was only supposed to be three weeks of winter left. Today is the last day of those three weeks. Looking outside, do I see sunshine? Do I see happy little birds singing gaily and frolicking in cute bird baths? No. I see this cold wet stuff called snow all around.

Where is spring? What happened? Sigh…. I feel so used.

1 Comments:

At 1:54 PM , Blogger srcsmgrl said...

Ah, but it is very nice over here in Seattle. Very little rain even. I am visiting this weekend, so I will find out soon enough about your snow...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home