Tuesday, August 22, 2006

It's a little plastic castle! YA!!

I’m tired today. Really tired, but not the type of tired you get from lack of sleep. Tired from running this rat race called life. Tired of the drama and the who said, she said, they said. Tired of worrying how this is going and what is happening with that. On days like this I wish I was a goldfish. With a ten second long term memory, everything in my little tank would always be a surprise. One moment I would be happily floating around eating some fish flakes, then the next second, surprise! Look a little plastic castle. Ani Difranco sang a song about that. I love her, she is so super talented. Did I mention that I went to her concert last Wednesday? Yep. Amber’s friend couldn’t go at the last second and so he sold us his tickets for $30 each. Ya! It was so fun, she is so amazing!! Her opening act was a guy who did spoken word. I had never heard of that before. It was pretty impressive. He basically just recited poems that he had written. It really blew me away how good he was. Funny thing is that he said he was a transsexual male. So basically he was born a women, had a sex change, but now is gay. Isn’t that kind of a double negative? Why would he have a sex change if he was still going to like men? I’m so confused. Enough about that… I’m thinking that he doesn’t know what really is going on either…I feel kinda bad for him. I mean, I get confused sometimes, not about my sexuality but by life in general. I get lost, can’t find my car in the parking lot (it’s new, so give a little break here people) things like that…but I’m glad that I’m who God made me to be. He knows what he is doing when it came to making me who I am. Yep. Just look around you, how many people do you know that are as awesome as me? None. Yep. I’m in a class of my own… unique is what they call it. (Or special!)
Oh!! I totally forgot to mention that I learned to tango on Thursday. That was cool. I was worried that I wasn’t going to be wearing the right thing (I wasn’t, everyone was wearing a skirt but when we called first to aske the lady said that we should wear slacks) and that no one would dance with me (that is a product of highschool dances in which only the skinny blonde cheerleaders get asked to dance, I think that almost everyone can relate to that feeling). But everyone there was really nice, and surprisingly helpful. I think that I may have already forgotten everything, darn it. It’s not really a dance that you can practice on your own. Maybe Amber and I will sneak out to CDA and take in the free lessons out there tonight, just so we don’t lose what little we learned. Tangoing is so fun. It really is. I struggle with listening to the guy’s movements; I have to concentrate really hard on following his cues and where he is leading me. It’s a challenge. But a good challenge, and I really enjoyed it. I hope that I can continue to get better at it. Then I will tango circles around everyone!! HA!! I am the Tango Queen!! Hmm… the day just seems to be wandering along. Here it is close to one o’clock on a Tuesday. Nice sunny weather, things quiet at work finally, it’s giving me a chance to catch my breath and finish this thought. To bad I can’t remember what I was thinking.

1 Comments:

At 4:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally want to see the tango next time we hang out!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home