Tuesday, February 27, 2007

R-E-S-P-E-C-T...

I hate the bank. We have spoken on this many times, but I would like to refresh your knowledge of my hate. The bank is mean to me. They don’t like me, and they make that obvious in every type of transaction we have. I am sure that the little numbers on the bottom of my receipts are really code for “You suck and we are slowly stealing all your money to buy a yacht in which we will sail to the tropics, drink mojhito’s and then toast your stupidity.” I’m also pretty sure that my picture is up in the break room with a sign under it that says, “If you see her, be as rude as you possible can.” In fact, they probably have a chart, and employee’s can get gold stars based on how rude they really are to me. “Oh, look Sally, you are only two stars away from getting Rudest Employee of the Month. I’m so proud of you. I really wish that I could be as rude as you, but I have these moments of nice-ness that I’m still trying to work through with my therapist.” Blah. So I shake my fist at you, you brick building of inequality. You stand for all that is wrong in the world. You are an example of merciless judgment, and you have no idea of what real life is like. If you understood me, and my priorities, we would not have these issues. But you are SELFISH and SELFCENTERED and I hate that about you and our one sided relationship. You are so incredibly egotistical, standing there, looking down at my sad little checking account and me. We both know that a poor struggling person like myself has few pleasures in this cold hard unfeeling world. I know that you see my lack of funds, you see the sadness on my face when I walk by the new shoe’s… and you have the nerve to laugh at me and slap me with overdraft fees. Again and again. And now all I see is red, figuratively and technically. This is why we don’t get along. I don’t ask for much. I don’t require a lot of maintenance. I don’t think that you should either. Apparently we did not really discuss this issue quite enough before we began this journey, and now I have been left feeling quite used. Used and penniless. All because of your lack of respect for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home