Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Oh my goodness! I am posting twice in one week! SHOCKING!! I know.
So... in order to fill up my time this summer (and to avoid getting a J-O-B) I have signed up for summer classes at the local Green River CC! I know, so exciting. Turns out that I already have 45 of the 90 credits needed to graduate with my AA, so I just need to get a few more classes in... So, the good news is that I can take classes during the day now (ya!) the sad news is that I (the adviser I met with mentioned twice how impressed he was, he hasn't seen a transcript like mine in a while) have been extremely good at avoiding all the needed sciences to graduate. Darn it. So, I had to choose between science about bodies, rocks, or plant life. LAME. How about the science of avoiding science? I feel that this is something I have already mastered. Automatic 4.0, peoples, yes indeed. I opted for plant life. I think that the might be a little easier to identify then ten hundred rocks all the same shade of gray. Well...except that plants are generally all green. But green is a happy color right? So I will be happy while I'm tearing my hair out trying to figure out what in heavens name that stupid little grass thingy is. Perfect.
Also, in other good news, since I'm on unemployment I am attempting to get more info on "worker retraining" money! Then I can get some help paying for school. Always nice, for sure. So I have been busy jumping through hoop after hoop after hoop.... sigh. Who here loves government forms?!? Ya. Not.
I went to a orientation earlier this week at the local office for those of us with out J-O-B's. Not only was I the youngest person there, I also had the most teeth (as in I have all of mine. Except my wisdom teeth. That doesn't count though. I just decided that.) Oh, and I was definitely the best dressed. But that happens all the time to me. The best dresesed part. And I guess all my friends, for the most part, have all their teeth... or are only missing one's that you can't see really. Hmm.... Anyway. I also felt that they really didn't want anyone to go back to school! I know! They started off the lecture saying, "School money is really hard to get. So you really should just go out there and get a job instead. We are going to help you help yourself get a good job. One that is sutible to your current skills." Good thing the lecture was about getting retraining. I can tell they really support people trying to better themselves by getting or finishing their education. Thank you tax dollars at work. How can we save money? Convince everyone that they aren't going to be approved for school help. When I went to the school, they said the exact opposite! In fact, they signed me up on the spot for ANOTHER orientation... Sigh. SO MANY Orientations! Sigh. Hoop after hoop after hoop. It's worth it though! Anything I can do to get a little help is good!!


2 Comments:

At 6:55 PM , Blogger Lacey said...

Ya! School! You're half way there! How many classes are you taking? Hooray for science...just kidding! I took chemistery for non-science majors (aka memorize the periodic table) and Physics where we played with magnets and light bulbs!

 
At 10:10 AM , Blogger Meagan said...

I didn't take biology, I assume that is what you are taking to learn about rocks. I took chem (sucked), physics (sucked), and geology (kind of liked and it was pretty easy). it'll be fun looking at plants though, i'm sure

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home