Thursday, April 03, 2008

Oh... Big news. So today I lost my job. I know, pretty shocking. Not expected for sure. Sigh.
Soo... Now I don't have a job. As in, "Sorry, but go ahead and clean out your desk right now." Not finish the week out, or your last day is next week. Hmm. Things have been really slow out in the field, and we have laid alot of people off. But I have been with this company for almost five years. That seems like a while to me, ya? Sheesh. So, I am officially on Standby Layoff status. Sigh.
What is there to say about it? Welcome to a clean slate? I guess so. I intend to spend the weekend ramping up my resume, since I haven't needed it for a while, and gathering my wits. Then it's off to the job market. Wow. I'm kinda rusty, so it's not going to be an smooth ride at first. But, after a good night's sleep (if that is possible?) things will get a bit brighter.
I guess I'm just so surprised. I loved my job and I though that I was good at it. That I was asset to the company, a team player. I felt that what I did made a difference. I really, really loved it. And now... Let's just say the plan has been changed for me. And I don't really know why yet.

2 Comments:

At 6:43 PM , Blogger Lacey said...

I'm still in shock too! I'm so sorry! I thought about it and I think you should find a part time job in Tacoma and go back to school to get your degree so you can be a teacher like you've said you wanted! Now's your chance!

 
At 10:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Becky, I'm so sorry. You're such a great person and a hard worker, you'll find something soon. If you can get yourself an interview, they'll love you as soon as they meet you. Good luck.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home