Sunday, December 02, 2007

The Move....

Yes, so the move has taken place. It was a wonderful terrible disaster. I have no internet yet, but the Roomie had homework to do so we went to two different coffee shops looking for Wifi and ended up at the the Good Ol' Trusty Auburn Library instead. Darn you Starbucks and Tully's. Your signs are LIES! And now I have a yummy eggnog latte waiting for me in the car. Because the library is beverage free. Understandable, but still sad.
So the move. Ya. So I have a lot of stuff. I actually got rid of a ton of stuff, but I still have a house-worth that follows me around. The good news is that our new apartment is super adorable. And once we get unpacked and settled, it is going to be fantastic. But I swear, not to be a whiner, some people are lame. Here is how it went down:
I spent most of last weekend freaking out and not accomplishing much in the way of packing. Come Tuesday night, I am officially in an emotionally unstable place due to the stress of the move. Wednesday I hear back from the current tenants and one has moved out already, the second is unreachable. By Wednesday afternoon I get a phone call from him. He is an idiot. No, that isn't fair. He just isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. He apparently thought that he didn't need to move his stuff until the first of the month. Hello. I am paying rent as of the first. He, by law, should be out by midnight the night before. He can't because he didn't arrange for that to happen. I broke the news to him, I'm moving in on Friday night. I have already arranged for people and a truck. Sad for you, huh? So we come to an agreement. He will put all of the remaining items (a desk, a dresser, and a few boxes) in the livingroom in the corner and then pick it up Saturday morning. He said some other things, but I was kinda pissed and so I stopped listening. Bad habit, I know. Friday afternoon I sneak out of work early and take a car load over to check out the situation. I couldn't believe it. Let's just say that there was so much of his crap in the living room, that I didn't have a place to put my couch! I know! Really? So two more phone calls later, I tell him, pile it higher, or I will because I'm moving in to MY apartment tonight and I'm not leaving my couch on the front porch until you can get your stuff. He obliges and does so.... So the move commences and wonderful, beautiful, blessed people that I don't even really know come and help. Thanks to all that made this production possible!! You are the best! Anyway. We get to the apartment. And apparently not only did he leave close to 12 boxes, a desk, a dresser, a tv the same size as mine, two chairs, ten garbage bags of stuff behind... He didn't empty the fridge, the oven looked like something had exploded in it two years ago, the cabinets are gross, the bathroom is filthy... Sigh. The best part about living in someone else's condo instead of an apartment complex is the simplicity of the lease, the lack of huge deposits, and what not... but the worst part is how things like this happen. Lets just say when he came back to get the last of his stuff we had some words. And he cleaned the fridge. But that was all he seemed to have time for, so the Roomie and I spent about three hours cleaning so that we could shower without getting the herp and put our dishes away with out getting ecoli. That was after we spent two hours cleaning our old apartment. The good news is that the old landlord walked it with us and couldn't believe that we had even lived there. So we are getting our deposit back.
It has been a crazy, crazy weekend. And I'm so glad that we have all our stuff in the apartment.... but there is still so much to do!! Sigh. I got to sleep in my own bed last night! Ya!
Alrighty... the library is closing... so I'm out. But pictures will be up soon!

1 Comments:

At 8:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe that guy! You are such a nice person for not just throwing his crap outside. Hope you girls love the new place!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home