Sunday, January 13, 2008

Canada, oh Canada, how lovely are your branches...

Ah... yes. Next door, our good neighbors, Canada. Pending a slightly delayed start, Rachel, Rene and I headed north for the border...looking for, well the same thing we are always looking for. Hot guys, strong drinks, and fabulous shoes at clearance prices. Wait. That was a joke. Just so you know. Okay, not the part about the shoes. Who isn't always on the look out for a good pair of shoes at a decent price? Really. Priority's.
Anyway. So we swung by a small city know as the Ham of Belling and picked up a few more friends. Then, accompanied by Rachel's most glorious of song collections, we began the journey north. Ironically, we had little clue as to how our weekend would end.... da da da dum.... Okay, not really. On with the story.
We traveled past through the border with out any hiccups... thanks to my friend's squeaky clean record now that they have been sealed (juvenile offences). Just kidding! Again! Sheesh. Learn to take a joke!! Really. : )
Ironically enough, even though it was raining most of the time, I really enjoyed the trip! We met the nicest girl, Leslie, and the four of us had the best time shopping. We then enjoyed some chips and fries at an Irish Pub (some of the girls had Poutine, but with the gravy on the side). We spent the evening with some rambunctious young-en's. That is for sure. Once again I am reminded in the wisdom of legal drinking ages being older versus younger. Really. But I can safely say that enough drinks and everyone will end up with the maturity of a 12 year old. Even if you are 35. (Not that I know anyone like that. Pashaw! You know who I'm talking about. Ya, you!) I do also believe that we were called Yanks too. Hmmm...
Rachel and I ended up deserting the hard core partiers and headed out for a little jaunt about town. We were looking for a movie theater, but all we found were peep shows for 25 cents. We decided to pass. You get what you pay for people, and I don't think that what is available for 25 cents is really worth my time. So we continued our wander and managed to end up by a Starbucks. We decided to sit outside and chat while we sipped our beverages, and we were immediately distracted by the massive amount of incredibly hot guys that were walking by... better dressed then us... with nicer shoes... and better hair cuts.... About half an hour into our visit I think that it finally occurred to me that all these guys were in pairs. And they were all definitely with each other.... and when I looked around there were all these banners with rainbows on them. Hmmm... Funny! Just at that moment my friend Jason called me, and I think that is when the light when on. Hello! So we laughed at that and then attempted to find our hotel again. We walked through most of the residential area around downtown and admired the architecture and pretended that we were not lost. After finally located the huge Hyatt Building (can you really loose a building that is over 40 stories high? I can!) We decided to enjoy a frosty blended beverage in the restaurant. We chatted with the bartender there and discovered that the next morning the hotel lobby was going to be the site for a movie! And Jennifer Aniston was going to be in it! I know! So exciting! Unfortunately we didn't see her the next morning when we checked out. We did see several girls that might have possibly been her, but there were alot of people walking around with entourages wearing sunglasses, so it was hard to pinpoint who was who. I mean, even I was walking around with an entourage and wearing sunglasses. But for some reason no one stopped and asked for my autograph. Oh well, their loss.
All in all the weekend was so fun, spending time with my friends and making new ones!
Now the countdown for Cancun is starting... only 23 days! Ya!

3 Comments:

At 9:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend! And wait, you get to go to Cancun?! Ah, I'm so envious!

 
At 8:19 AM , Blogger Meagan said...

I agree with Mara. You need to give us the details about Cancun! It sounds so wonderfully warm (as I am sitting in Elko where it is 8 below)

 
At 8:16 PM , Blogger Rach said...

You made the weekend worthy. Without you I would have been a lost soul in gay Canada, watching 25 cent peep shows all alone....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home