Wednesday, October 15, 2008

So... The house is trying to close for a third time. The good news is that every time it goes back on the market, it's taken by the end of the week. We will see, it's supposed to close this week...
School is really, really much easier then I thought that it would be. The class is interesting and the homework is not as time consuming as I was worried about. The things we are required to do are a bit more involved (like visiting museums and watching movies) but the actual work that I am required to produce in the form of papers, reports, and tests are not nearly at the level that I thought they would be. Thank goodness for that bit of stress relief!
Work is moving along, and things are coming together pretty well. I am thinking about picking up a part time morning thing to help pay the bills, and also since I'm not taking any morning classes that require attendance. I have an interview Thursday with the Copy/Print place across the street from my current green apron job and they are offering about 15 hours a week in the mornings and an occasional Saturday. I think that will keep me busy enough, adding in school and cleaning house on Wednesday's for my landlord (They take it off my rent, and I can't argue with anything that equals less rent!!). Who knew that it was possible to work three jobs and take a bit of school? Hmm... I see a crash coming. Hopefully not!! As long as I manage my time well, I will be fine! Which means that I should be heading to bed now, but I have one more important thing to share.

I'm in. In what you say? In state of half asleep not looking forward to fighting with the carpet shampoo-er tomorrow? No, I'm into something else!
First you have to promise to keep it to yourself, since I have not told my current employer about it and I don't intend to tell them until the date gets much, much closer. No news flashes or congrats on other web based things such as myspace and facebook... it's got to stay amongst my peeps here in blogger land!! Promise!! Okay, now you can read below.

I was accepted to the April 2009 DTS in England!

You can go here- http://www.ywamharpenden.org/ -to check out where I will be living and what I will be doing for six months next year. They don't have much info about the upcoming class... but I will keep you posted as I learn more!
I'm pretty excited! I have a ton to do to get ready, but I'm not worried about it yet. Call me in May of next year and then I will be freaking out. I have my passport. That is really the main thing. Besides that, it will all fall together. Probably. : )

6 Comments:

At 8:16 AM , Blogger Meagan said...

Congratulations! I know that you really you wanted this, so good for you. I hope that your house closes this time. Good luck on everything, and I miss you!

 
At 11:47 AM , Blogger Kathleen said...

Way to go Becky!!! I know you have wanted this for a while now, I hope it is everything you dreamed it would be and so much more! Keep us posted on the details. Wow England, how exciting?

 
At 4:35 PM , Blogger Leah Johnson said...

inside I'm just totally jumping up and down screaming for you, so so happy that it will finally be happening for you. I love you and miss you and want to see you soon...but I don't how that will happen :( as for now we have our blogs :)~

 
At 8:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is wonderful, Becky! Congrats!

 
At 9:14 PM , Blogger Lacey said...

Hooray! That sounds fun! When can I come visit you? Let me know and I'll start saving and planning for it!

 
At 10:03 AM , Blogger Tash said...

Congrats Becky!!! Hope everything works out this time!?!?! Good luck with work, school and getting everything in order for England!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home