Monday, August 18, 2008

The new job is going along swimmingly! Its so funny, I have been to so many green apron stores and found that 75% of the girls that work there are a bit on the snotty side. There isn't one snotty person to be found in my store! Anywhere! I love it. Everyone is real and genuine. Either that or they put something in the coffee. I don't know. It is possible. Hmm....
I am still messing up a bit now and then, the pressure of ten drinks in the cue can get me a little confused. There are approximately ten million things to remember when making a drink, and I can only seem to retain two thirds of them. There are also three hundred thousand recipes, of which I am supposed to have all of them memorized. Oops. Thank goodness there is a cheat sheet booklet in the secret hidden place. That way I can check before I add the wrong things.
Its actually kinda nice to have a dress code too. It narrowed down my wardrobe to three pairs of pants and four shirts. It really just means that I have to do laundry more often, but that is okay.
Since I'm training to be primarily the closing shift supervisor, I have been working late afternoons and evenings for the last week (now you know why I haven't called! Can we still be friends?) and will continue to do so until the end of time. Sigh. It works well with school, but I don't like not getting home until 10pm. That is kinda sucky. Plus, this is the first non-office hours job I've had since I was 17, so it's weird that I work the weekends. Really strange to me. I get one day off this week. I had one day off last week. I got called in to cover some shifts that needed covering, and so my days off are missing. But the more hours the better! That is how I feel!
Oh! I totally almost killed a customer yesterday. Yep. She ordered a green tea, and I assumed she meant a green tea latte. Nope. She came back to the counter and said that we had given her the wrong drink, and P.S. she is lactose intolerant. Ahh! I felt so terrible! We refunded her drink and gave her a coupon for a free drink, but I felt so bad. Poor lady. Plus my boss was there too. That is always great, when the boss watches you make a deadly mistake.
Note: I do know that lactose intolerance does not cause death. But deathly things happen to you. And it makes me sad. I know a bit about it. I think that I'm slightly lactose intolerant myself. Which made the day that I was learning the cold bar unhappy for me. I had to make every type of frap on the list and then taste them all. Then I went home and cried in the bathroom for awhile. It was crappy. Ha! That is a pun on words. Lets not talk about that anymore. My sense of humor is degenerating quickly to the third grade level, which is never positive. I also got my keys yesterday, to the store and the safe. Tonight is my first night closing, I am being shadowed by another closer for two nights and then I'm on my own. Lets hope I don't do something stupid and set the alarm off. Or forget to lock the store. The pressure is to much! :)

2 Comments:

At 7:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You crack me up! I think 3rd grade humor is hilarious.

Glad the job is going wonderfully!

 
At 5:46 PM , Blogger Leah Johnson said...

haha...what's wrong with working a super early morning shift at 4 am!? That would work better for your social life I think :) well, I miss you and hope we can talk soon, have you figured out what to do about the gov't wanting their money back?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home