Monday, August 11, 2008

Is it a blog post? Or a book? Sheesh!!

Sometimes I wonder. Why is it, just when you start to get excited about life again, that things blow up in your face? Sheesh. I am stressed out beyond reason, and its all due to a combination of finals, our lovely for the people and by the people government, and home inspectors.
I have one major final left, on Thursday, and its seriously a combination of my entire Biology class. The entire class. Not the first half, not the second half, the whole stinking class. Wow.
The government and I are not friends. I'm about ready to move to Canada. As you know, being unemployed for a bit, I was receiving benefits. Then I started up school. The entire time I was at school, I was looking for work. I found a job, which I still have. The government is mad at me, because I went to school without their permission (which I didn't know that I needed) and they want their money back. Lame. I am attempting to appeal the decision. Who knows. I have no idea what I'm doing, I'm Joe-Shmoe from down the street without any legal experience at all. I think that it's stupid. They are claiming that I didn't fill out some form that no one told me I needed to fill out, and so I'm already lost in the paperwork. The problem really lies in the fact that I won't be able to sleep (and maybe eat) until this stupid mess is figured out. It's alot of random debt that I have no way of paying back...until my house sells. Which brings me to item three. My house is old. It was built in 1911. P.S. If a house is built and then a hundred years later you come back and freak out because it settled and the floors aren't level anymore, you are an idiot. Of course it's not going to be plumb everywhere! It's been a hundred frigging years since it was built!! Really!! Surprise Home Inspector! The house isn't level anymore. Shocking I know. Oh, and P.S.S. If you breathe on your carbon monoxide tester, it registers at a slight level. That doesn't mean that my furnace is leaking... it means that you are alive (unfortunately) and you don't know how to use your own equipment. Sad, but true. These are the reasons that my first buyers backed out. Hopefully the second set of buyers are a little more adept to life in general.
Fortunately some good things are happening in my life...
I love, love, love my new job. It is so fun, and I'm so excited about it. I'm learning so much, and it's on a subject that really interests me, coffee! I also love the people that I work with, and my new boss. It's nice to be in a place where your job description is spelled out, and the expectations are obvious. Did I mention that my old job hired two people back? And I wasn't one of them? That really hurt my feelings. I thought that I was pretty close to the people that I worked with, and they seemed to have a positive opinion of me, that I had not done anything to deserve being laid off, but they had simply fallen on hard times. I guess not. Sigh. But I do love my new job!! So much! I have completed my barista training, and this week I train on how to close. Then next week I shadow a Shift Supervisor the first night, she shadows me the second, and then I close by myself the third! So exciting! : ) The majority of the customers are so nice, and they love the little shop. There is another shop about two blocks away with a drive thru, so our customers are the ones that aren't in a hurry and want to walk in and enjoy their visit.
Last little update, I am still looking to join the travelers of the world via YWAM, but at this point I haven't heard back from the England one I applied to, and I am thinking that the Spring class would be better for me if I get accepted. I think it would be very unprofessional of me to leave my job this soon after starting, and I don't want to burn any bridges. So, I am going to take semester at Green River, and see what happens after that.
I guess really, all my stressful crazy issues are just me being pushed and prodded, learning to have faith that there is a plan for my life and learning that not knowing what it is will still be okay. I just always like to know the plan. Maybe that is why I'm not privy to it at this time. : )
Can you tell that part way through this vent/rant/cry session that my mom and I had a chat and she managed to calm me down? Nothing really helps me fell better then a good long chat with someone who loves me and believes in me. Whoever that person is for you, tell them thank you, because their friendship is irreplaceable!!

3 Comments:

At 11:27 AM , Blogger MsTurnerMathTeacher said...

Holy COW Bek...Your new pea buddies need to hear about this to give you support. You are not asking for a handout but 6 extra shoulders would be helpful. Don't you think? I am glad that you like your new job. !!!

 
At 12:32 PM , Blogger srcsmgrl said...

Definitely follow through on the unemployment stuff. I won my case with them after I went to "court." It was a stressful hassel, but turned out ok.

 
At 8:57 PM , Blogger Lacey said...

Tell me what laws they think you violated and such...perhaps Meagan or I can figure out how to show 'em that they can't mess with you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home