Thursday, January 29, 2009

Has anyone noticed that the majority of my posts happen during the middle of the week? Hmm... That means nothing really. I don't know why I brought it up.
So I had my review at work today. It went really well. I wasn't to worried about it, just a bit nervous, but I guess my boss just loves me and I'm hoping to keep it that way.
The Green Apron Dictator's came out with the news that they are closing another 300 stores, 200 of them here in the US and the other 100 internationally. Plus they are also laying off 6.700 people. I don't if that includes the people at the stores they are closing or not. So now we wait until the list comes out. And then we hope that my store isn't on it. I don't want to work anywhere else, I love my store! Sigh. And since they give severance packages based on how long you have been with the company, I feel like my six months would equal about $7.00 and hand shake. They might give me a free drink coupon too. Nice.
Also, they are cutting the vacation hours program. Just as I hit my 6 months and am eligible for it. Literally my hire date was 7/31, they are changing the eligibility date to a year instead. So typical. Really? Really.
P.S. I love my job and vacations are expensive and over rated. Well, for single income families they are. I'm just trying to make myself feel better. Everyone, don't cancel your vacations because of what I said. Who am I kidding? Who cancels a vacation? That is just plain crazy talk!
Also... this seems to be the week of creepy old guys making moon eyes at me. One in particular keeps giving me side hugs. Bleh. NO MORE HUGGY HUG TIME. Buy me something first. Then we can talk. Or at least leave a tip. Really. Cheap old bast... Oh, that is a bad word never mind. Take that back!
Oh... but then there is this totally hotty-hot pants Dr that comes in everyday... sigh. I think that as soon as I learn his name we should get married. Sigh. He is so handsome. And then one of the girls that I work with told me that he is always sad when I'm not there. She said that his face lit up when he saw me, and really doesn't ever talk to anyone else but me. So what did I do? Spill his drink while I was making it. No more talk about hot guys. I can't seem to walk straight. Silly me. What is that about? Am I destined to make a fool of myself for the rest of my life when ever a handsome man walks in? I better stay away from Hollywood... or any European countries. : )

1 Comments:

At 3:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is life? I miss your updates!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home