Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The house closed! I can't believe it! It's amazing! I just checked online and my mortgage balance is at zero dollars. Wow. I'm supposed to get a check by Saturday for the money left over, which will pay off my hospital bills and school loans. Wow. And I might even have more then three dollars left when it's all said and done.
So... goodbye to my little house. I do miss is sometimes. I miss having a place to call my own. I miss the good feeling when people are surprised at the fact that you bought at house at the age of 21. And I miss being able to decorate the way that I want. And I miss being able to entertain and have girls night there! Sigh. Not like any of you are still close enough to just pop over for dinner anyway.
Not much else is new. I have three jobs now. Kinda sad that I had to take up three to make up for the one that I lost. Darn lay off. I'm working part time mornings at a Copy/Mail store, afternoons and nights at the Green Apron Land, and then on Wednesdays still cleaning for my landlords. I can't believe how tired I am after being on my feet and running through a thirteen hour day. I don't even know how Kathleen does it. You are a super women and you are saving lives at the same time!!! High five from me!!
Oh... So my boss asked me if I was interesting in moving up in the company (aka as an Asst Manager) and so I had to tell her that I wasn't sure if I was going to be that long term there. I tried to break it to her as nicely as possible, since I love my job at Green Apron Land and I don't want her to think otherwise. I just really, really want to go to England. So, I told her that I had this opportunity to go, and I would not want to take the promotion when I might not be staying. She seemed to understand, and she wasn't upset about it. That I know of. But I have friends who would tell me if she said otherwise about it to them. Hmm... but really, what would you choose? Six months in England, or longer hours, more responsibility and a bit more pay? : ) I'm glad you understand were I'm coming from!!

4 Comments:

At 4:52 AM , Blogger Kathleen said...

Thank you Becky. Someone who knows what I go through and understands, really helps me along. Somedays I feel like no one understands what I do.
As for you....I would choose England. ONCE in a lifetime opportunity here. I know I chose to travel the country, and it landed me here with the hubby. You never know what is waiting for you out there, I say do it, enjoy it, and never look back! Good luck!

 
At 12:45 PM , Blogger srcsmgrl said...

Congratulations on the house sale.

You are totally making the right decision on going to England. You have to take your opportunities when they come.

 
At 2:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy to hear it closed! That's awesome. And yeah, of course you're doing the right thing - England! You're going to have the time of your life I'll bet.

 
At 6:34 AM , Blogger Kathleen said...

Update please?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home