Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Brrrr.....

What happened to summer? Once minute I’m prancing around in my Capri pants and flip flops thinking that I still have lots of time to work on my tan. The next day I’m wearing layers upon layers of clothing in hopes of surviving the walk from my front door to my freezing cold car. Where did all that sun shiny weather go? The sun is shining right now, but it’s not doing any good. I kinda want to just run out side and give it a piece of my mind. Stupid Sun, who shines but doesn’t offer one ounce of warmth. Talk about misrepresenting yourself. You know, if you are going to show up at the party, it would be nice for you to bring something. Kinda like a BYOB, except it’s a BYOH (bring your own heat). Who…. I’m not going to get into that. Some people, whose names will remain anonymous, bring their own source of warmth (and personal entertainment) with them wherever they go. The roommate is one of them. Seriously, we have talked about this before. Farts are not that funny.
Today is the first day of hunting season. I think that it’s funny that I even know this. If you had asked me three years ago when hunting season started I would have laughed at you. Where I come from you don’t go out to the woods to hunt and then kill your dinner. You go down the street to the grocery store. Then you ask the local butcher at the counter for what you need. He wraps it up in brown paper, labels it, and you pay up front. None of this tramping around in camo at the crack of dawn with little special high pitched mating call whistles, shooting things, then cutting them up with your sawzall and dragging them home to put in the freezer. That is totally gross. I miss the city where camo is a fashion faux pas instead of necessity when hiding from Bambi in order to shoot his mom.
To celebrate the opening of hunting season, the cat befriended a cute little shrew, brought it into the office and caused quite an upheaval. Both my assistant and I could not keep from screaming as the little shrew ran for its life. Poor little shrew. It’s little shrew soul is in shrew heaven now, and it’s little shrew body is in the cat. Yuck. I think that I might become a vegetarian now. To bad I don’t really like salad. Darn it.

2 Comments:

At 7:49 PM , Blogger Lacey said...

The salad you made last night was yummy tho! Hey so, Jeremey finally let me turn the heat on today! I scared him into by saying the temperature is supposed to get down to 29 tonite...whether its true or not its nice to no longer see my breath inside the house...

 
At 11:39 AM , Blogger The mind of Huy said...

Haha I love snow ^_^... But i guess thats because I live in Colorado... I always leave my window open when I'm sleeping to breathe in the cold air...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home