Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday the 13th

Ahh… Yes. Friday the 13th. Ironically enough, thirteen has always been one of my favorite numbers. It all started when my parents decided that I would not be allowed to get my ears pierced until I turned thirteen. I waited so impatiently for that birthday to arrive. Oh, that was by far one of the most exciting things that could happen to a girl like me. Now I have seven piercing between my two little ears. Hmm… I wonder how that happened.
I think that it’s strange how you can’t really say “last Friday the 13th” and know when something happened, since the month is usually different and what not. Does anyone else feel that way? Two years ago I had a great Friday the 13th, and I honestly can say that I have no idea how many other Friday the 13th’s have passed since then. No points for attentiveness on my part.
It all really boils down to what freaks you out the most. A strange urban legend that everything that can go wrong will …or the belief that your future is in your own hands and you life is what you make of it. I will always stand by the phrase that what goes around comes around. I believe it.

Anyway… today was an unlucky day for someone. A new little kitten adopted me! He went to the vet today to be neutered. He is super cute, and was named JC Thomas by my room mate who technically found him. He is going to be a mostly outside cat…but as it gets colder I know that he will end up inside. He is super friendly, and he just loves to sit on your lap and be patted. Howard is scared stiff of him. In fact, JC chased him around the house last night. Poor little Howard freaked out and ran under the couch. It was actually pretty funny. JC is a tough little cat and he doesn’t like to share my attention with Howard. Howard spend part of the evening under the couch looking quite pitiful and sad that he couldn’t get closer to me. I’m thinking that I might just refer to him as Thomas… since I can’t handle names that consist of two initials. I spend half my time in New York referring to our friend/tour guide as PJ, JP, JT, and TJ. I'm still embarrassed about it. It is just too complicated. What happened to the brain cells that store that information? Does alcohol kill specific cells? Hmm….Note to future friends… change your name now. That way we will all be ahead of the game.

2 Comments:

At 11:44 AM , Blogger The mind of Huy said...

gah I wanted a cat for so long. I always wonder... Do you have to teach them how to use the litter box or is there something in the litter box that makes them want to relieve themselves in the box? Or is there a magic spell you have to chant over and over again...

 
At 10:40 AM , Blogger Becky said...

Usually the mommy cats teach the kittens to use the litter box. It's a mixture of nice easy to dig in sand and some good natural instinct I think. Saves me time since I just haven't watched enough Buffy or Charmed to get down this spell stuff.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home