Monday, November 13, 2006

Monday... Monday... badda..ba.da.da.da...

All right, National Blog Month should only be celebrated during the week. Because apparently I don’t spend any time on the computer over the weekend. I think part of it maybe that I have to spend eight hours a day typing on one at work, and everyone needs a little break.
Oh, did you know that cats like banana bread? At least the office cat does. I do have to admit that it is homemade banana bread, by yours truly. Yum.
My weekend was to short. I didn’t end up going to Seattle; the pass was terrible, with more snow on the way. So I chickened out, and stayed home.
I did do a couple of fun things. Friday I took Amber to the airport (she was determined to make it to Seattle), then Saturday I slept in, did some house stuff and then I hung out with Lacey and Meagan on Saturday night. Sunday I slept in again (two days in a row, it’s awesome) and then I went to the grocery store, came home and did a little cooking. I watched Nacho Libre… it was funny. Not super-laugh-until-you-wet-your-pants-a-little-bit-funny, but “chuckle now and then and smile a lot” funny. Oh… you know what movie did make me almost wet my pant a little bit from laughing so hard? Jackass Two. Don’t tell my mom that I saw it. Most of it was pretty gross, and I would never recommend it, but I really think it’s funny when people fall. I don’t know why. I just do. Anyway.Today is definitely a Monday, and that means lots of little fires to put out at work. I have been thinking about getting a part time job, just to help out over the holiday season. I actually applied at Fred Meyer yesterday. I applied to their apparel/shoes department. We will see how that works out. I wonder if they will even call me. They had this entire section of the application that was a kind of personality test. They asked me questions like; do you find that it’s hard to be patient with slow people? Or, do you cuss when you are in an argument? And, do you consider yourself to be a neat and tidy person? Oh, and do you find it’s hard to finish tasks that you have started? Of course, I lied and said that yes, I finish everything that I start. (I hope that they don’t check into it. I have ten thousand sewing/scrap booking projects that are half done. Plus, it took me two years to knit my first scarf!) Anyway, I haven’t ever had a part time job as well as a full time job before, and I’m a little nervous about it. I mean, you pretty much kiss all your free time good bye. I guess going to school was pretty much the same way. Hmm… I miss my pottery class. : ( That was so much fun.

1 Comments:

At 2:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think a part time job at Fred Meyer would be awesome! They have cute clothes and shoes, and I bet you'd get a nice discount too. And if it's just for the holiday season, it wouldn't be so bad! Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home