Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Today….Tomorrow....Last Weekend....

Yep. So the rest of the weekend. Lets see… where was I? Oh, yes. Seattle shopping… When we walked into Sephora, I was pretty sure that Mara began to glow! She loves make-up, so what is better then an entire store completely devoted to make up? Not much! We walked around; we shopped a little here and there. Not too much, because most of us didn’t really have that much money to spend or anything specific to buy. The weather kept us from really walking to far.
We headed back to the hotel, picked up some snacks (see yesterday’s blog about the search for a liquor store), and then headed out to dinner. We went out to dinner at this great restaurant, where we all tried a couple new things and a couple not so new things. Lacey ordered beef tongue. Ya, I know, but it was pretty good! I had it pictured coming out like a big piece of tongue, with the taste buds still on it, but it was sliced super thin, marinated, and then sautéed with onions. At first it was mental challenge to even get myself to try it. I like to be able to say that I like to try new things, so I figured I better step up to the plate and walk the talk. Hee…hee… that was a tongue in cheek joke. Hee…hee…Oh, that was another one!
After we partook of a fabulous spread, we walked back to the hotel and began to “get ready” to go out. As devastating beautiful as we already are, it didn’t take to long for us to freshen up. The sad part is that all that freshening up was ruined the minute that we stepped out into the pouring rain. : ) We had a pretty good time dancing and drinking in Pioneer Square, Meagan did meet a hot boy, who followed us around for a while. Mara also did bring out some golden oldies moves; I was extremely impressed with her version of the sprinkler. And I also got to see the Superman, which is new to me. I feel like a broken tape player telling the story about how we showed up and the night manager opened up the pool for us, but it deserves mentioning! We sat in the hot tub until 3am, laughing and commenting on how hotness does increase your chances to sneak alcohol into the hotel’s pool area.
We then eventually crashed and burned. The next day we stopped by Trader Joe’s on our way out of town. Lacey was totally disappointed because we had all been lead to believe that they had a ton of gluten free products. Unfortunately, the Trader Joe’s in Issaquah does not. I don’t know if it’s just a small store, and the other’s have a better offering, or if we had just been mislead. I was upset for her though, especially because she found one item that claimed to be gluten free and it wasn’t. What is up with that? Talk about misrepresentation. Sheesh. I hope that we all accomplished a little bonding, and some good times which created some good memories. I love that we could spend the time together getting to know each other better. It was so much fun. Here's to next time (hopefully the location will be in sunny CA!)

3 Comments:

At 9:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome you posted! It's fun to hear what everyone had to say.

 
At 11:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darn. I was hoping for a Wednesday post. It IS national blogging month you know.

 
At 9:26 AM , Blogger Meagan said...

I agree with Mara. Gotta keep up with it! Hope you have been having a good week and have fun at your wedding this weekend!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home