Monday, November 06, 2006

Happy Official Blog Month!

Lacey started it, and now I feel guilty for not participating. I know, normally I like to think that I can hold my own when it comes to peer pressure. Apparently not this time. I am not going to explain why I just started participating, because I think that my life is rather boring, and I may need something to blog about later on this month.
One blog per day. You know what they say, an apple a day keeps the Doctor away. I wonder what a blog a day keeps away. Sanity? Or perhaps hangnails? I hate hangnails. They are terrible. Really, there are a few things that I think we could all live without. Oh, also mosquito’s. Yep, there are LOTS of other bugs that the bird can eat. As much as I hate them, spiders do serve a purpose, so I can’t wish them eternally banishment from earth. Darn it. I do recall a certain girl’s night where a spider was pointed out to Mara and she jumped a record 4 feet, 8 inches and screamed louder then I have ever heard. Poor spider probably pee’d himself, he was so surprised!! So I quickly squished him to put him out of his misery. Talk about a terrible last thought. When I die, I really don’t want to be dwelling on the fact that I just pee’d myself. I sure hope that doesn’t happen. Now it will because I brought it up. Terrible.
Anyway. Girl’s Weekend! Ya! It was AWESOME! I’m sure that you have already checked out what Mara, Lacey, and Meagan had to say about it, but I’m going to talk about it again anyway. Because it was great!
We checked out this great comedy club, called Underground Comedy. The first thing we noticed was… it was underground. Literally. Claustrophobics Beware, it’s in the basement of a bar. We got settled, and ordered some drinks. There were three different comedians that did stand up, two that opened and one “main liner”. It was F-u-n-n-y. (P.s. When something needs to be emphasized, I have a tendency to spell it. I don’t know why. Maybe I’m trying to impress you with my infinite knowledge, who knows?)
So, I really enjoyed it. I think that some of the girls were a little tired, so they were laughing internally. : )
We then promptly went back to the hotel and went to bed. We are old and boring sometimes. Don’t tell anyone though, okay?
Saturday, we drove out to North Seattle and checked out this awesome gluten free bakery/coffee shop. Lacey got some yummy looking pastries and scones. I had an orange caramel latte. It cost me an arm and a leg, but it was good. We then met up with Rene and had some lunch. Then we headed back downtown to check out the shopping scene. You know that you are a hard-core shopper when you are willing to walk around in the rain. I think that funny part is that I’m used to it. Growing up over there, I just love the rain, and it didn’t bother me. I did use it as an excuse to pick up an awesome hat. Lacey got one that was equally as awesome, but in a different way. In fact, I think that Lacey's hat got us out of a couple of scrapes. It’s the equivalent of a super hero’s cape. No one else let the rain bother them either. There were tons of shoppers out and about. We stopped by the Westlake Center and I was nominated to ask random people if they knew where the closest liquor store was. Person number three did know of one, but it would have required driving, so we opted for the upscale overpriced grocery store across the street from our hotel.
Ahh… Sad, but I must return to working. I will continue this blog, tomorrow! I’m trying to draw it out a little. I know the suspense is killing you, but you can handle it! Breathe… breathe… and think of how exciting tomorrow’s post will be!!

1 Comments:

At 6:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girls weekend rocked!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home