Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I can’t believe that I didn’t post all of last week! Sheesh. I need to get with it. Seriously.
I have been super busy! Once every couple of months, I get ten hundred commitments in a row, and I find that my weekends are booked solid. This month is one of those months. I flew over to Seattle last weekend to see Rene`, who has known me since I was 14. She and I have been friends through thick and thin (mostly me getting thicker and her getting thinner), through hot pink scrunchies, boys that smile at us causing us to faint, and volleyball games that involve us watching a certain relative of mine play the entire net himself. We discovered that rock music didn’t really sent you straight to hell (at lease not immediately) and that if you take advantage of Red Robin’s bottomless Mountain Dew, you will giggle uncontrollably for at least the next four hours, causing you parents to ground you.
Anyway, we try to meet up as often as possible, since we have so much dirt on each other, it’s easy to blackmail her into letting me stay at her house. The reason for my visit was to attend a concert with her on Saturday night. We went to see Youth Group play at the Croc located in downtown Seattle. Rene and I have a slight addiction to the show OC, okay… slight is an understatement. Youth Group was one of the bands that made a guest appearance on the show.
When I flew in on Friday, she picked me up and we decided to go see a movie. Since she lives in the booming town of P.O., we knew that it was not possible to make it to her hood before the theater closes. So we went to the theater by the mall of my youth, Southcenter. We chose to see Zodiac, which while, interesting was what seemed like four hours long. Four hours of Jake is positive. But it is a really long time when you already sat all day at work, then in the airport and then on a plane.
So we managed to get home about 2am. We fell asleep immediately to be wakened at 7am by her neighbor industrially sawing and hammering away. Sigh...
We spent Saturday afternoon at Point Defiance Zoo in Tacoma. I love the zoo. While part of me is saddened at the though of the little animals not able to enjoy freedom, the other half of me is thrilled at the chance to see them, get close, and learn more about them. We then met up with Sarah my sister, and Pat the bro-in-law for dinner. Sarah and the neicphew are doing well. You can definitely tell that things are moving along quite nicely, she is definitely showing and looks a lot less green and more “rosy prego” color instead.
Rene and I then headed downtown to the concert… doors opened at nine and the concert started at ten. Here is the sad part of my trip. We were so tired from no sleep the night before and walking the zoo, factoring in that we are no longer 18 instead we are pushing mid to late twenties, we didn’t even make it until midnight. We left early and headed home. Sigh… old age is not what it’s cracked up to be!
We attempted to sleep in the next day since the rain damped the neighbor’s spirits and caused a slight delay in their construction. Then we paid a visit to a P.O. tradition, known as The Family Pancake House. The first time I visited P.O., after a crazy night at the hottest and only bar in town, the End Zone, we ate some really good breakfast at the FPH. From that time on, we attempt to continue the tradition of partaking in the FPH’s culinary delights each time I come to visit.
We then proceeded to see my good friend Rach the Invisible Pirate, her husband/partner in crime and her offspring Simba. It was good to reminisce about the old times, and laugh about how things have changed… and how some people have not changed at all.
All in all it was a good weekend, even though I am still so tired! I need to get rested up for this weekend, the St. Patty's Day Extravaganza!!! Hooray!!!

2 Comments:

At 2:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Busy weekend you had! Can't wait till Seattle!

 
At 9:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheesh! I can't believe it's been forever since you've posted!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home