Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Friends are friends forever...

Why have I been neglecting my blog you ask? Let me list the reasons;

- Blogger and I are no longer friends as I spent entirely to much time attempting to post about St. Patrick’s day, and all that happened was a blog that looked like this:

(This page left blank intentionally)

-Then, after arm wresting the keyboard and then bitch slapping my monitor the blog looked like this:

I love stasdjhwoaiernsdvnw0q97ralsdfjsndv-0w34rasjdf]f\zflv/z,.sadf St.Patrick’s Day!

So I did have a great time with Meagan, Mara, and Meagan’s family, who hails from that blessed land. I felt almost Irish, it was so fun!! Lacey was missed! I do recall a drunken phone call in which I elaborated on how much she was missed for a little to long. I had the best time I have ever had on St. Patrick’s Day, with the exception that I also had the worst cold I have had in a long time too. I soldiered through it,and lasted until about 8pm, which isn’t to bad considering we started at 11am. Meagan’s family was quite entertaining, as well as being super nice and very welcoming. I’m sure that had nothing to do with the ten hundred pitchers of beer we all consumed. The lot of us managed to keep a good third of the bar sectioned off, so we had lots of room for drinking, dancing and singing drinking songs while dancing and drinking. Mara perfected the art of shaking her shamrocks, and we all attempted to follow her lead. We managed to find a fantastic Thai restaurant on Friday night, which caused us to eat entirely too much food. Mara’s Appletini tasted like cough syrup and dish soap though, which was a disappointment. We watched the movie “Saved” with Mandy Moore and that little kid all grown up now from the Home Alone movies whose name I am not going to attempt to spell… It reminded me to much of my Private Christian School Days, which are now behind me. Sigh. Thank goodness!! We crashed at Meagan’s sister Jessica’s house, MANY MANY THANKS are in order for her fabulous hospitality. She has the most adorable apartment, and she was sincerely kind to let us spend the weekend there. I didn’t get to spend much time with her, because she worked on Saturday and her night started about an hour before mine ended. But Meagan and Mara kept the party going until almost 1am, I think, and they got to spend a little more time with her. I missed out, but I’m sure that I will see her at Meagan’s graduation party if not sooner. Saturday morning we slept in a little and then partook of Meagan’s fantastic waffles! Yum! She almost poisoned me with some jam older then I am… but it was by accident and my waffle was saved at the last moment. We then decked ourselves out in all types of St. Patty’s Day Wear, included but not limited to, shamrock stickers, various necklaces, green shirts, boa’s, and pins. SHAMROCK POWERS UNITE was the evening’s motto. We did manage to get some great photos, which I hope will be appearing on the internet soon. : ) Once we got the bar, some fabulous hats appeared including a flashing crown that Meagan wore most of the night. Oh, and some really great tatoo’s that ended up on a poor cousin’s neck, and his friend’s shaved head. : ) The best part was watching him dance after Meagan used the excuse to pour half a glass of ice cold water down his shirt. We spent the afternoon at Murphy’s; a very Irish Pub, where many beers were consumed and much toasting took place. Meagan’s family is proud as punch that she is graduating Law School, and they should be. I could tell that she is definitely loved by them, they absolutely adore her. About fiveor six-ish, we slowly tricked out of the bar and head over the car. I was immensely entertained by the apparent inability of Meagan’s Dear Aunt Kathy to remember her left and right while giving us the directions to the Corned Beef and Cabbage that was waiting, but we did managed to make it there, and we spent the next hour or so eating and eating and eating…I then, sadly, admitted defeat against the battle with my cold and congestion. I was planning on maybe joining in later, but I feel asleep and stayed asleep until almost 10am the next day. We had a super yummy breakfast at Denny’s Sunday morning, and then dropped Mara off at the airport. The ride back from Seattle was nice, sunny and clear, and Meagan was kind and understanding that I didn’t have much to say due to my sickness.

3 Comments:

At 1:53 PM , Blogger srcsmgrl said...

It is good to hear about your weekend! Sorry I missed hanging out with you, but I am glad you came to visit.

 
At 6:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun, fun weekend it was! Too bad Blogger gave you trouble though!

 
At 6:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you forgiven Blogger yet? I think you should forgive the little brat and write us another post. I miss you! What have you been up to?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home